Earth right after Rain


I woke up to the soft pattering of rain on my window. I love rain! So I sat on the floor in front of my sliding glass window this morning as I studied the scriptures to enjoy it. The church bells from down the street announced the start of the Easter service, and in my heart rang out the lyrics to one of my favorite primary songs:


I like to look for rainbows, whenever there is rain.
And ponder on the beauty of an earth made clean again.

I know when I am baptized, my wrongs are washed away.
And I can be forgiven and improve myself each day.

I want my life to be as clean as earth right after rain.
I want to be the best I can, and live with God again.

He is risen! Today I celebrate that He lives! I can't say or type those words without smiling and feeling something overwhelming. Because He reigns I can be clean and become like Him. Because He reigns I can live again. Heaven be thanked for His matchless life and atoning sacrifice for all. 
But he was wounded for our transgressionshe was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.
Isaiah 53:5

No comments:

Post a Comment